Winter Vehicle Prep Tips
Get Ready for Winter!
The snow will be coming down the mountains soon...is your vehicle ready? Don't wait for the snow and cold to arrive, get your vehicle tuned up now. Take a look at the following tips. If you have not had your vehicle checked or tuned up for winter, now is the time!
- Check the condition of ignition wires, and check the distributor cap for cracks.
- Keep you battery terminals clean, check the battery's fluid level and make sure it is fully charged. If you are unsure about anything,, get a new battery.
- Have the antifreeze in the radiator checked. If there is a leak in the radiator or hoses, have them repaired or replaced before you add antifreeze. Test the heater and defroster to make sure they are functioning properly.
- Carbon monoxide is deadly, check your exhaust system for leaks, if necessary replace broken or cracked parts.
- Check your tires for good tread, studded tires are great for Alaska winters, put them on with the first snow fall. If you prefer to use chains, check for broken links and replace any that are broken or worn.
- Visibility is essential, check your windshield wipers for wear, replace the wipers if they leave streaks and be sure to keep the washer reservoir filled with a washer antifreeze solution.
Don't have the time or expertise to prep your vehicle for winter driving? Schedule an appointment for a tune-up, let our knowledgeable, certified technicians do it for you!
What is the most important piece of equipment on your car?
Contact us with questions or recommendations!